SJAHI not only trains the students in classrooms and its workshops but also provides real-life work experience through on-the-job Training at JADIK workshops. During last semester, the trainees are sent to their JADIK sponsor workshops for on-the-job Training (OJT) for a duration of eight (8)weeks.
In addition to gaining an actual hands-on experience at JADIK service centers, OJT allows the trainees to learn various rules and model examples that will be required for entry level technicians. Therefore, a meticulous preparation must be made through preliminary studies, in order to prevent unfavorable results.
- Prepare written materials through which information can be relayed to the person in charge at the job site.
- One week in advance of reporting to the job site, trainers will explain in details to the trainees what they must do, and thoroughly train them beforehand.
- The On-the-Job Training (OJT) program has a minimum of 8-weeks work experience (including travel time) in a dealer workshop of the JADIK members. Under the supervision of certified JADIK technicians
- To supplement theoretical knowledge and improve hands-on practical skills.
- To help the students familiarize themselves with the job-related SOP’s, equipment and gain direct experience to an approved standard.
- To develop pride in their workmanship and learn the importance of becoming the members of the dealership team.
- To understand the role of technicians and gain confidence to become a technician by further understanding of the automotive service industry.
|Timing and Duration
- 8 weeks (5 days per week, 8 hours per day or as per JADIK company policy)
- Appointment of experienced technician
- Terms and condition
- Observe and understand the job or operation
- Assist supervisor (experienced technician)
- Perform the jobs under supervision.
- (The trainee, for whatever reason, will not be allowed to perform any jobs without proper supervision or in the absence of an experienced technician).
- Dealer Assignments and Dealer Agreement
|ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF INVOLVED PARTIES
- The Institute/School
- Practicum/OJT Coordinator and Visiting Instructor
- Partner OJT Company / Workshop
- On-Site Coordinator
|MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- OJT Trainee Evaluation Form (Form 4)
- OJT TIME & DAILY ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT (Form 3)
- Periodic Visits Ø Post OJT Evaluation
- PROCESS FLOWS
- SOP –VISITING INSTRUCTOR
- OJT Plan (Form 2)
- PARTICULAR OF OJT PLAN
- ON THE JOB TRAINING (OJT) PROGRAM COMMITMENT (Form1)
- OJT TIME & DAILY JOB ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT (Form 3)
- OJT TRAINEE EVALUATION FORM (Form 4)
- PRESENTATION FORMAT
- OJT Visit Contacts Informations